Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > dev > feedback

Project highlights: :. Download .: :. Support .: :. FAQ .: :. Translations .: :. Donate .: :. Report Bug .:

tortoisesvn
Discussion topic

Hide all messages in topic

All messages in topic

Re: feedback

Author "Hans-Emil Skogh" <Hans-Emil dot Skogh at tritech dot se>
Full name "Hans-Emil Skogh" <Hans-Emil dot Skogh at tritech dot se>
Date 2010-05-27 22:55:35 PDT
Message >> I'm also hessitant to upgrade my wc:s. How are the new nightlies
>> working? Should I wait a little longer or are the trunk-linked nightlies
>> good enough to trust with my day-to-day work?
> It depends on the size of your working copies. If you have very big
> working copies, I would stay with the nightly build linked to 1.6.x.

Yesterday I took the plunge and installed a new 1.7-linked nightly. So far so good. :-)
 
My working copies are roughly TSVN-sized, and I haven't (yet) noticed any severe slowdown or any other showstoppers.
 
Hans-Emil
Attachments

Re: feedback

Author steveking
Full name Stefan Küng
Date 2010-05-25 09:32:48 PDT
Message On 25.05.2010 12:28, Hans-Emil Skogh wrote:
> >> Usually when I change something in TSVN or implement something new,
> >> those who use the nightly builds will comment on it and help improve it.
> >> I really appreciate all that feedback.
> >> But for issue #31, there was none. Maybe because you're not using Win7
> > I'm WinXP all over my PCs...
> Same for me...
>
> >> It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
> >> to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
> >> that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
> >> http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/
> > Does this mean I can install any nighly from .../latest/ without having
> > to upgrade the wc format? Because that's one thing I still want to avoid
> > for some time.
> I'm also hessitant to upgrade my wc:s. How are the new nightlies
> working? Should I wait a little longer or are the trunk-linked nightlies
> good enough to trust with my day-to-day work?

It depends on the size of your working copies. If you have very big
working copies, I would stay with the nightly build linked to 1.6.x.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

Re: feedback

Author steveking
Full name Stefan Küng
Date 2010-05-25 09:32:01 PDT
Message On 25.05.2010 10:41, Lübbe Onken wrote:
> Hi Stefan, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Usually when I change something in TSVN or implement something new,
>> those who use the nightly builds will comment on it and help improve it.
>> I really appreciate all that feedback.
>>
>> But for issue #31, there was none. Maybe because you're not using Win7
>
> I'm WinXP all over my PCs...
>
>> It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
>> to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
>> that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
>> http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/
>
> Does this mean I can install any nighly from .../latest/ without having
> to upgrade the wc format? Because that's one thing I still want to avoid
> for some time.

No, you have to use the nightly build in the folder /full-1.6.x/ if you
don't want to upgrade your wc.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

Re: feedback

Author kkolinko
Full name Konstantin Kolinko
Date 2010-05-25 04:24:13 PDT
Message 2010/5/25 Lübbe Onken <luebbe at tigris dot org>:
>
>> It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
>> to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
>> that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
>> http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/
>
> Does this mean I can install any nighly from .../latest/ without having
> to upgrade the wc format? Because that's one thing I still want to avoid
> for some time.
>

IIRC, the last svn-1.6 builds are here:

http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/win32/full-1.6.x​/
http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/x64/full-1.6.x/

Look at the name of an "msi" file. It says "svn-1.6.12-dev" or
"svn-1.7.0-dev" respectively.


Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: feedback

Author "Hans-Emil Skogh" <Hans-Emil dot Skogh at tritech dot se>
Full name "Hans-Emil Skogh" <Hans-Emil dot Skogh at tritech dot se>
Date 2010-05-25 03:29:04 PDT
Message >> Usually when I change something in TSVN or implement something new,
>> those who use the nightly builds will comment on it and help improve it.
>> I really appreciate all that feedback.
>> But for issue #31, there was none. Maybe because you're not using Win7
> I'm WinXP all over my PCs...
 
Same for me...

>> It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
>> to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
>> that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
>> http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/ <http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/>
> Does this mean I can install any nighly from .../latest/ without having
> to upgrade the wc format? Because that's one thing I still want to avoid
> for some time.

I'm also hessitant to upgrade my wc:s. How are the new nightlies working? Should I wait a little longer or are the trunk-linked nightlies good enough to trust with my day-to-day work?
 
Hans-Emil
Attachments

Re: feedback

Author luebbe
Full name Lübbe Onken
Date 2010-05-25 01:41:51 PDT
Message Hi Stefan, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Usually when I change something in TSVN or implement something new,
> those who use the nightly builds will comment on it and help improve it.
> I really appreciate all that feedback.
>
> But for issue #31, there was none. Maybe because you're not using Win7

I'm WinXP all over my PCs...

> It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
> to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
> that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
> http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/

Does this mean I can install any nighly from .../latest/ without having
to upgrade the wc format? Because that's one thing I still want to avoid
for some time.

Cheers
- Lübbe

--
Please help me get more space on Dropbox :)
https://www.dropbox.​com/referrals/NTIwMz​cxNjI5
       ___
  oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
 (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
   \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
   /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net PGP Key ID 0x23F511AB

feedback

Author steveking
Full name Stefan Küng
Date 2010-05-23 10:59:12 PDT
Message Hi,

Usually when I change something in TSVN or implement something new,
those who use the nightly builds will comment on it and help improve it.
I really appreciate all that feedback.

But for issue #31, there was none. Maybe because you're not using Win7
yet or because you don't use the library folders?
I'm wondering whether it even works on your machines? Maybe the
installer somehow got it wrong?

I've attached a few screenshots on issue #31 in case you want to see
what it's about.
http://code.google.c​om/p/tortoisesvn/iss​ues/detail?id=31

It's in the current nightly build from trunk, and in case you don't want
to switch to that because of the necessary wc upgrade, the last nightly
that was linked with 1.6.x also has this feature:
http://nightlybuilds​.tortoisesvn.net/lat​est/

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
Messages per page: