Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > dev > Aw: Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Project highlights: :. Download .: :. Support .: :. FAQ .: :. Translations .: :. Donate .: :. Report Bug .:

tortoisesvn
Discussion topic

Hide all messages in topic

All messages in topic

Aw: Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author svenb
Full name Sven Brüggemann
Date 2016-08-22 00:26:15 PDT
Message <html><head​></head>​<body><div style="font-family: Verdana;font-size: 12.0px;"><div>
<div>On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Stefan Kueng <span>&lt;<a href="tortoisesvn at gmail dot com" target="_parent">​tortoisesvn at gmail dot co​m</a>&gt;​</span> wrote:

<div name="quote" style="margin:10px 5px 5px 10px; padding: 10px 0 10px 10px; border-left:2px solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
<div name="quoted-content">
<div>
<div class="gmail_extra">
<div class="gmail_quote">
<div>Fixed in r27398.</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>Thanks a lot. It works fine now.</div>

<div>&nbsp​;</div>

<div>Kind regards</div>
</div></div​></body>​</html>

Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author steveking
Full name Stefan Küng
Date 2016-08-19 13:21:41 PDT
Message On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Stefan Kueng <tortoisesvn at gmail dot com> wrote:

>
>
> On 17.08.2016 11:22, "Sven Brüggemann" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> to be certain that the problem is not related to my 1.8.13 server, I
>> have created a new file://-repository with TSVN 1.9.3. I committed 10
>> revisions in trunk, made a branch from revision 5 and checked out a
>> working copy of that branch. Still, in the merge dialog the "Show
>> log" button for the source URL stops showing Logs at the revision the
>> branch was created in instead of the revision the branch was created
>> from. When unchecking "stop on copy/rename" the trunk revisions that
>> have not yet been merged to the branch are still rendered in gray as
>> if they have been merged. Again, the command line client gives the
>> correct results.
>>
>
> Just FYI:
> I'm on it, but it will take a little bit longer than I anticipated.
> Since the revision variable is used also as a 'stop' marker, it's not that
> easy to fix this...
>

Fixed in r27398.

Stefan

--
       ___
  oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
 (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
   \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
   /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
Attachments

Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author steveking
Full name Stefan Küng
Date 2016-08-18 11:41:37 PDT
Message On 17.08.2016 11:22, "Sven Brüggemann" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> to be certain that the problem is not related to my 1.8.13 server, I
> have created a new file://-repository with TSVN 1.9.3. I committed 10
> revisions in trunk, made a branch from revision 5 and checked out a
> working copy of that branch. Still, in the merge dialog the "Show
> log" button for the source URL stops showing Logs at the revision the
> branch was created in instead of the revision the branch was created
> from. When unchecking "stop on copy/rename" the trunk revisions that
> have not yet been merged to the branch are still rendered in gray as
> if they have been merged. Again, the command line client gives the
> correct results.

Just FYI:
I'm on it, but it will take a little bit longer than I anticipated.
Since the revision variable is used also as a 'stop' marker, it's not
that easy to fix this...

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
    /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

Re: Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author svenb
Full name Sven Brüggemann
Date 2016-08-17 02:22:10 PDT
Message Hello,

to be certain that the problem is not related to my 1.8.13 server, I have created a new file://-repository with TSVN 1.9.3. I committed 10 revisions in trunk, made a branch from revision 5 and checked out a working copy of that branch. Still, in the merge dialog the "Show log" button for the source URL stops showing Logs at the revision the branch was created in instead of the revision the branch was created from. When unchecking "stop on copy/rename" the trunk revisions that have not yet been merged to the branch are still rendered in gray as if they have been merged. Again, the command line client gives the correct results.

Kind regards

> > > when my repository was at revision 40000, I created a branch from trunk revision 39800 and checked out a working copy of this branch.
> > >
> > > When trying to merge some trunk revisions into that working copy, the "Show log" button for the source URL initially doesn't show any logs ("For complete history deselect 'Stop on copy/rename'"). Expected behaviour: Show trunk logs from revision 39801 to HEAD.
> > >
> > > When deselecting 'Stop on copy/rename' all trunk logs are shown but they are all greyed out as if they were already merged. Expected behaviour: Show unmerged revisions in black and merged revisions grayed out.
> > >
> > > Since the command line client gives the expected results for "svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible [trunk-URL] ." I think this is actually a TSVN problem.
> > >
> > > TSVN 1.9.4 Build 27285 64 Bit on Win 8.1 Pro, LogFindCopyFrom set to "true"
> > > Server is svnserve 1.8.13 1667537 (Linux)
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > >
> > Are you 100% certain you are specifying the correct URLs in the merge
> > Are you 100% sure that when you created the branch from trunk you
>
> Yes for both. And the command line client gives the expected results.
>
> > Any chance you could provide some screenshots depicting the set up you
> > have and directly demonstrating TSVN's behavior?
>
> Please see the attached pictures. The actual revisions are:
> HEAD: 37582
> Branch created in revision 37578 from trunk revision 36666.
> Expected behaviour:
> - Do not stop at revision 37578 but at revision 36666
> - Show trunk revisions 36667 to HEAD in black instead of grayed out

Aw: Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author svenb
Full name Sven Brüggemann
Date 2016-08-09 00:20:42 PDT
Message Hello,

> > when my repository was at revision 40000, I created a branch from trunk revision 39800 and checked out a working copy of this branch.
> >
> > When trying to merge some trunk revisions into that working copy, the "Show log" button for the source URL initially doesn't show any logs ("For complete history deselect 'Stop on copy/rename'"). Expected behaviour: Show trunk logs from revision 39801 to HEAD.
> >
> > When deselecting 'Stop on copy/rename' all trunk logs are shown but they are all greyed out as if they were already merged. Expected behaviour: Show unmerged revisions in black and merged revisions grayed out.
> >
> > Since the command line client gives the expected results for "svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible [trunk-URL] ." I think this is actually a TSVN problem.
> >
> > TSVN 1.9.4 Build 27285 64 Bit on Win 8.1 Pro, LogFindCopyFrom set to "true"
> > Server is svnserve 1.8.13 1667537 (Linux)
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> Are you 100% certain you are specifying the correct URLs in the merge
> Are you 100% sure that when you created the branch from trunk you

Yes for both. And the command line client gives the expected results.

> Any chance you could provide some screenshots depicting the set up you
> have and directly demonstrating TSVN's behavior?

Please see the attached pictures. The actual revisions are:
HEAD: 37582
Branch created in revision 37578 from trunk revision 36666.
Expected behaviour:
- Do not stop at revision 37578 but at revision 36666
- Show trunk revisions 36667 to HEAD in black instead of grayed out

Kind regards
Attachments

Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author Stefan Hett <stefan at egosoft dot com>
Full name Stefan Hett <stefan at egosoft dot com>
Date 2016-08-08 04:17:38 PDT
Message On 8/8/2016 1:16 PM, Stefan Hett wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> On 8/8/2016 1:02 PM, "Sven Brüggemann" wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> when my repository was at revision 40000, I created a branch from
>> trunk revision 39800 and checked out a working copy of this branch.
>>
>> When trying to merge some trunk revisions into that working copy, the
>> "Show log" button for the source URL initially doesn't show any logs
>> ("For complete history deselect 'Stop on copy/rename'"). Expected
>> behaviour: Show trunk logs from revision 39801 to HEAD.
>>
>> When deselecting 'Stop on copy/rename' all trunk logs are shown but
>> they are all greyed out as if they were already merged. Expected
>> behaviour: Show unmerged revisions in black and merged revisions
>> grayed out.
>>
>> Since the command line client gives the expected results for "svn
>> mergeinfo --show-revs eligible [trunk-URL] ." I think this is
>> actually a TSVN problem.
>>
>> TSVN 1.9.4 Build 27285 64 Bit on Win 8.1 Pro, LogFindCopyFrom set to
>> "true"
>> Server is svnserve 1.8.13 1667537 (Linux)
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
> Are you 100% certain you are specifying the correct URLs in the merge
> dialog and that your WC you want to merge trunk back into is at the
> branch (at the right revision) and the other revisions haven't been
> merged back (or blocked) in the branch yet?
> Are you 100% sure that when you created the branch from trunk you
> explicitly specified to use revision 39800 (instead of HEAD or the
> current WC revision)?
>
> Any chance you could provide some screenshots depicting the set up you
> have and directly demonstrating TSVN's behavior?
>
> I'm asking here, because I use that process on a daily basis here and
> never had such problems, unless I made some mistake (like mixing up
> the URL and or forgetting to specify the correct revision when
> creating a branch from a different revision than HEAD).
>
Also I just realized you sent this to the dev list. Maybe you'd be
better of to ask this on the users list, since there more people are
following and this is a question more suitable for the users list than
the dev list IMO.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett

Re: LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author Stefan Hett <stefan at egosoft dot com>
Full name Stefan Hett <stefan at egosoft dot com>
Date 2016-08-08 04:16:15 PDT
Message Hi Sven,
On 8/8/2016 1:02 PM, "Sven Brüggemann" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when my repository was at revision 40000, I created a branch from trunk revision 39800 and checked out a working copy of this branch.
>
> When trying to merge some trunk revisions into that working copy, the "Show log" button for the source URL initially doesn't show any logs ("For complete history deselect 'Stop on copy/rename'"). Expected behaviour: Show trunk logs from revision 39801 to HEAD.
>
> When deselecting 'Stop on copy/rename' all trunk logs are shown but they are all greyed out as if they were already merged. Expected behaviour: Show unmerged revisions in black and merged revisions grayed out.
>
> Since the command line client gives the expected results for "svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible [trunk-URL] ." I think this is actually a TSVN problem.
>
> TSVN 1.9.4 Build 27285 64 Bit on Win 8.1 Pro, LogFindCopyFrom set to "true"
> Server is svnserve 1.8.13 1667537 (Linux)
>
> Kind regards
>
Are you 100% certain you are specifying the correct URLs in the merge
dialog and that your WC you want to merge trunk back into is at the
branch (at the right revision) and the other revisions haven't been
merged back (or blocked) in the branch yet?
Are you 100% sure that when you created the branch from trunk you
explicitly specified to use revision 39800 (instead of HEAD or the
current WC revision)?

Any chance you could provide some screenshots depicting the set up you
have and directly demonstrating TSVN's behavior?

I'm asking here, because I use that process on a daily basis here and
never had such problems, unless I made some mistake (like mixing up the
URL and or forgetting to specify the correct revision when creating a
branch from a different revision than HEAD).

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett

LogFindCopyFrom not working as expected

Author svenb
Full name Sven Brüggemann
Date 2016-08-08 04:02:16 PDT
Message Hello,

when my repository was at revision 40000, I created a branch from trunk revision 39800 and checked out a working copy of this branch.

When trying to merge some trunk revisions into that working copy, the "Show log" button for the source URL initially doesn't show any logs ("For complete history deselect 'Stop on copy/rename'"). Expected behaviour: Show trunk logs from revision 39801 to HEAD.

When deselecting 'Stop on copy/rename' all trunk logs are shown but they are all greyed out as if they were already merged. Expected behaviour: Show unmerged revisions in black and merged revisions grayed out.

Since the command line client gives the expected results for "svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible [trunk-URL] ." I think this is actually a TSVN problem.

TSVN 1.9.4 Build 27285 64 Bit on Win 8.1 Pro, LogFindCopyFrom set to "true"
Server is svnserve 1.8.13 1667537 (Linux)

Kind regards
Messages per page: